CSN is the lead organisation for safeguarding in the UK Christadelphian community, we having a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL), sis Gill Holden and maintain a safeguarding register.
If you need assistance on safeguarding matters please contact the team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosure & Barring Service Checks
Christadelphian Sunday School Union (CSSU) is the lead organisation for DBS checks for the UK Christadelphian community and CSSU and CSN work together to provide safeguarding and DBS support. Bro Colin Bayliss of Pershore ecclesia is the lead counter-signatory for DBS check applications for the UK Christadelphian community. You can read about BDS checks on the government website
If you have any queries about DBS matters please contact Colin at: email@example.com
CSN provides Safeguarding Policy Templates, based on information on the NSPCC website, to provide ecclesias and organisations with a starting point to tailor to their own circumstances and needs for developing their own safeguarding policy documents.
There are three documents:
- An FAQ - Why is a Safeguarding Policy required?
- Child Safeguarding Template
- Vulnerable Adults Safeguarding Template
You can request these documents as Word files
Additionally, we draw your attention to the leaflet "Important Additional Responsibilities for Safeguarding and Protecting People" below, which picks up key issues for ecclesias and organisations, including:
- Responsibility of 'due diligence' on registered charities when gifting funds to other charities
- Confidentiality and how it affects keeping the Arranging Committee informed
- Protecting an accused individual's identity