Data Privacy Statement
The Christadelphian Support Network UK (CSN) will:
- Keep it only for one or more specified explicit and lawful purposes. This is for providing information for support and care of individuals and for booking and providing news and invitations to CSN events.
- Use it and disclose it only in ways compatible with these purposes. Access to stored data is limited to members of the CSN via password protected login.
- Keep it safe and secure. Data is stored in a Microsoft Access database on a password protected laptop. Data is backed up daily to a secure backup on Mozy Cloud.
- Keep it accurate, complete and up to date. Stored data is reviewed at least every five years by mailings.
- Ensure that it is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purpose or purposes.
- Give a copy of his/her personal data to an individual on request.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. The following terms set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Christadelphian Support Network UK (CSN) of Middleton House,12 Rosafield Avenue, Halesowen, West Midlands, B62 9BU.
Personal Information we may collect from you:
We do not retain or store any individual’s information provided to us through our phone Helpline or email Helpline or PrayerLine.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in a Membership Form and event booking forms on our site.
- We may also invite you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
- Your name and email address, but only if you provide it.
Our IT service providers may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please untick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data. We do not pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information (as defined above) within the CSN.
Other than to advise you of forthcoming events or news about CSN, we will not use or process your personal data for marketing purposes.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet costs we may incur from third parties in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.